Our Little Munchkins!

Our family is growing by leaps and bounds! We are now a family of 6 going on 7. Our lives can be wild and crazy but we love every minute of it! Welcome to our blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

Hello Everyone! Welcome to our Family! We are a family of 8 in Eastern Nebraska. We love having a big family and enjoy spending time with each other. Check back for updates and photos!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Life with a newborn again

We are in heaven. Zach has added a new flair to our family. The kids are in love and obsessed with him, and I must say so is his mama and daddy. I may be partial, but, he is the best baby in the world (well and T is too-right Julie? lol) He had a bath today and LOVED it. Did not hear one peep out of him, well, besides him making a little present for mama in his towel. But hey, that's ok. He is all curled up on my chest now, fast asleep.

BF is going wonderfully. I am sticking to my diet, in fact, I have turned into a MSPI policemama. I read ingredients on everything, go to fast food websites for their allergen listings in their foods, and obsess over it to the point where I am starting to drive people crazy about the whole thing (sorry in advance). But, if it makes my child healthy, and gives him the best that he deserves then I am doing it. If I dont know what is in something, I just dont eat. Plain and simple. He eats every 2-3 hrs or so, sometimes will go for a good 3.5 hrs at night. Just depends on how long he eats on one side at a time. I am still working on how to BF in public, we have yet to go anywhere, but, we have started to master the blanket over the shoulder trick. He is a pro eater though and had gained 4 oz in one day when his nurse came to check on him. He is now at 7lbs.

Life in a large family is wonderful and I never realized how special a large family is. I have quite a few friends with large families, and when we say large, we are talking 4+ more kids. Sure we give up alot of things, like frequent hair appointments, mani's and pedi's, brand new vehicles, shopping sprees, driving a 2 door car and brand new items, but, we wouldnt want it any other way. They are only little for so long, and you only live once. Different things makes different people happy, and there are a very special select few in this world that can handle large families and I praise them for what they do. Sure it can be total choas sometimes, but, I wouldnt trade it for the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I have one of these for nursing out of the home and I love it! http://www.breastpumps4less.com/PrivacyNursingBlanket.htm

Glad everything is going well!!!

January 10, 2008 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger December Dreamers said...

ahhh. That is all my sleep-deprived mind can come up with right now, but it seems to sum it all up.

Have a wonderful day enjoying that baby!

January 14, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home