Our Little Munchkins!

Our family is growing by leaps and bounds! We are now a family of 6 going on 7. Our lives can be wild and crazy but we love every minute of it! Welcome to our blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

Hello Everyone! Welcome to our Family! We are a family of 8 in Eastern Nebraska. We love having a big family and enjoy spending time with each other. Check back for updates and photos!

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Honey...Its About that Time...I THINK???

What an eventful night!

I was miserable at work last night. Hitting all the floors to get charts was miserable, I have never felt so "waddly" in my life. I just felt like I couldnt go on. Had a few easy, simple contractions at work, nothing painful, just there.

I got off of work bout 1:15a and got home got in bed, and as soon as I got in bed I had a contraction. OUCH. Where did that come from? The first one was pretty strong, then I dozed off and got woke back up from 2 more before 2am. I was so tired, but every time I tried to doze off, I would be woken up by a contraction. Do I wake up Adam and tell him its time? I am still considered "pre-term", Im just a few days shy of 36 weeks which is full term. Would they try to stop them if I went in? Would they say, its a go, and let me go home and labor at home for awhile? I wasnt sure what to do.

I got up, tried to move around, I felt freezing, shaking and all, which I am NEVER EVER cold so I got on my robe and paced the floor. They moved to about every 4 mins. After quite a few of those, that I would probably rate at a hard 2 or 3, I figured I better go get in the tub. If I had went to the hospital that is what they would have me do, is get in the tub. So, bout 2:20 I got in the tub, all the while DH was snoring fast asleep and would not get up. He had taken cold nighttime pills and was not budging out of that bed. I climbed in the tub for about 10 mins and then got back out because I was just not comfy in there and felt like a beached whale, it just wasnt a pretty sight. I got back in bed, still was having them, tossed and turned, tried to get comfy, got back up, went to look thru noodle's closet for him something to wear in case we did have to go in, (I Have yet to pack my bag, guess i'll be doing that today), and came downstairs to try to figure out if i should go in or not.

I did this til about 4am, which at this point I had been laboring for 2 1/2 hours. They did seem to slow down and not be as strong after the tubby, so I went up back to bed, put in my ear plugs to block out dh's snoring, and finally fell asleep after 4, so im assuming they either stopped or were light enough for me to finally sleep.

I called the office to let them know this morning, and actually have had a few here this morning, so I guess i'll watch them today and maybe go in and get seen in the office today if need be. I was just pacing last night, Im not ready, he's not ready, my house isnt ready, my bag isnt packed, my batteries arent charged, I dont have everything i need, do I call my mom and have her come sit w/ kids, etc. I wasnt sure what to do.

Check back often for updates! It could be any day now!!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure it is really starting to feel real now!! Let me know if anything comes up.

December 20, 2007 at 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home